July 19, 2026

šŸŽµ Now Playing: What Happened


(verse 1)
He kissed my hand 
beneath the moon 
And I tried not to 
think too much of it 

He gave me his coat
as the wind blew 
He ignored me 
when I told him not to 

(chorus)
He told his secrets 
and his hopes too 
And I tried not to listen 
to anything that didn’t feel true;
He said he loved me 
I was beautiful and that He loved me!
And I laughed and said
“Please don’t say what won’t always be true.”

 (verse 2)
His heart on his sleeve 
He almost made me believe 
I gave him the kind parts of me 
And let him go when he decided to leave 

he would prove what I always knew 
it all would mean nothing soon 
to me it would mean so much 
Even as I tried so hard for it not to 

And I’m not sure being prepared 
left any less of a bruise 

(chorus)
He told his secrets 
and his hopes too 
And I tried not to listen 
to anything that didn’t feel true;
He said he loved me 
I was beautiful and that He loved me!
And I laughed and said
“Please don’t say what won’t always be true.”


i tried so hard for it to not be a thing 
but oh the way he made my heart sing 
he knew just what to say 
to make me feel a certain way 


(chorus)
He told his secrets 
and his hopes too 
And I tried not to listen 
to anything that didn’t feel true;
He said he loved me 
I was beautiful and that He loved me!
And I laughed and said
“Please don’t say what won’t always be true.”

- les’nspired